Sasquash comes from DK Ushoosino, and is a fertile male cat.
He’s a black blotched tabby Maine Coon from March 2020 (EMS code MCO n 22).
At a show in Skive 2021 (the first show he came to), he received an EX1 and NOM by the judges – while he was a kitten. Due to Corona the next exhibition he participates in, is to September 2021 at Søften
Sasquash is the Native American name for BigFoot, and he is a reasonably big boy, but very good-natured without being dominant.
If you are interested in his pedigree, you can find more information about him below.
Pawpeds – (an international voluntary register) – https://pawpeds.com/db/?a=p&id=1542270&g=4&p=mco&o=elastic
FDKat – (Felis Danica pedigree register) – https://fdkat.dk/perusnaytto_kissa?id=233900
Sasquash has, of course, been tested for the diseases that can be inherited among Maine Coon:
- HCM scan negative – HCM means hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, and is a thickening of the heart muscle
- HCM DNA test is normal – means that only the HCM genes that can be tested for can not be passed on to offspring. But precisely HCM is available in variants that can not be tested for.
- PKDef DNA test is normal – Pyruvate Kinase Deficiency is an inherited blood disease
- PKD1 DNA test is normal – Polycystic kidney disease is hereditary and causes blisters on the kidneys
- SMA DNA test normal – Spinal muscle atrophy is a form of muscle wasting
DNA tests were performed at Langford Vets, University of Bristol, April 2021, and can be seen here
A more detailed description can be found on the breeding recommendations for Maine Coon, where diseases are described in more detail ( in Danish ):
And if you do not quite know what the color description above meant, then you can read about the Maine Coon cat’s colors and patterns below (in Danish):